Last week, Red Hat announced that we were open sourcing Calamari, Ceph's management platform. It's been a bit of a whirlwind for the Ceph team, what with being acquired by Red Hat at the end of April, and then getting all the work done to get Calamari out the door as an open source project!
Tuesday, I had a chance to chat with Patrick McGarry of the Ceph team and talk about open source storage, what makes Ceph interesting, the Calamari release, and upcoming events where folks could check out Ceph and get involved.
Or you can grab the MP3 directly.
Have feedback? Want to guest on the show? Shout out to @jzb on Twitter.
- Upstream: Episode 7. Langdon White on SoftwareCollections.org (MP3)
- Upstream: Episode 6. Marvin Humphrey of the Apache Software Foundation Talks Apache (MP3)
- Upstream: Episode 5. Colin Walters on Project Atomic and rpm-ostree (MP3)
- Upstream: Episode 4. Shane Curcuru on Brand Management and Trademarks (MP3)
- Upstream: Episode 3. Ohad Levy Discusses Foreman and OpenStack (MP3)
- Upstream: Episode 2. Bradley Kuhn on the Software Freedom Conservancy (MP3)
- Upstream: Episode 1. Leslie Hawthorn on Why Checking Your Privilege is Good For You (MP3)